Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bradley Hughes on golf instructor John "Lag" Erickson"



"I really want to thank Lag for flipping the switch in my head and allowing me to remember how and importantly why I used to swing the way I did when I was younger.

I never had tuition growing up. I just played day in and day out and worked out how I thought things were meant to be done according to my feel and my ball flight and velocity and imitating the greats.

I will post a few photos of my swing when I was 14 and then another when I was 21 for reference.

Then I got a coach when I was 26 and all the good was taken from my swing and replaced with some good ideas according to the gospel of leadbetter and others in that era, but unfortunately the best parts of my swing were removed.

Although I have had success i really feel like I missed out on having a really great career, because I listened to others without understanding what really made my swing tick to begin with.

You guys are very fortunate to get the knowledge you are getting from Lag. It is without a doubt not new information like he has stated lots and lots of times, but it is information that has been dropped from instruction for whatever reason I don't know. I guess you could put it down to the fact that most of the modern teachers weren't great golfers and didn't understand the feelings and sensations and weren't able to put it into action or words.

Thanks Lag for showing me how again. Stick at it everyone. You are on the path to the best golf of your life if you stay focused and put in the work.

I am starting out again at module 1 to rebuild this old swing that worked well and produced many low scores. So those who are ahead of me in the module scale, be easy on me !!" (source here:)

You can learn more about John "Lag" Erickson and his teaching on his forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment